Glyphosate Could be the Cause Behind Alzheimer's Disease
"New research published in the Journal of Neuroinflammation shows that glyphosate — the active ingredient in Roundup — penetrates the brain and elevates the risk of neurologic disorders such as Alzheimer's disease.
"This is the first time scientists have been able to show that glyphosate can cross the blood-brain barrier. They also "noted that the recent rise in glyphosate application to corn and soy crops correlates positively with increased death rates due to Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative disorders," according to journalist Carey Gillam." Dr. Mercola in his article; Could Glyphosate Be Causing Alzheimer's Disease?
From Unspun on Substack by Carey Gillam
"A new study recently published in the Journal of Neuroinflammation found that glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup already linked to cancer, may cause an increased risk of neurologic disorders such as Alzheimer's disease.
"Researchers from Arizona State University and the Arizona Alzheimer's Consortium said their findings show for the first time that glyphosate crosses from the bloodstream into the brain, potentially increasing the risk of a range of neurological disorders."
Here is the information from the linked study in the Journal of Neuroinflammation.
"The recent rise in glyphosate application to corn and soy crops correlates positively with increased death rates due to Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative disorders. Glyphosate has been shown to cross the blood–brain barrier in in vitro models, but has yet to be verified in vivo. Additionally, reports have shown that glyphosate exposure increases pro-inflammatory cytokines in blood plasma, particularly TNFα.
"Our analysis revealed that glyphosate infiltrated the brain in a dose-dependent manner and upregulated TNFα in both plasma and brain tissue post-exposure. Notably, glyphosate measures correlated positively with TNFα levels. Glyphosate exposure in APP/PS1 primary cortical neurons increases levels of soluble Aβ40-42 and cytotoxicity. RNAseq revealed over 200 differentially expressed genes in a dose-dependent manner and cell-type-specific deconvolution analysis showed enrichment of key biological processes in oligodendrocytes including myelination, axon ensheathment, glial cell development, and oligodendrocyte development."
"Collectively, these results show for the first time that glyphosate infiltrates the brain, elevates both the expression of TNFα and soluble Aβ, and disrupts the transcriptome in a dose-dependent manner, suggesting that exposure to this herbicide may have detrimental outcomes regarding the health of the general population."
With the rise of GMO farming, pushed explicitly by the WEF and Bill Gates particularly, it is essential that we take the reigns to protect our health by growing our own food and buying organic foods as much as possible, along with grass-fed organic beef, pastured chicken and eggs. Raising our consumption of wild-caught fish is also conducive to good health, provided it isn't caught in streams or rivers contaminated with runoff from surrounding farms that use chemical fertilizers, weed killers, and GMO crops.
Moreover, it is high time that we begin to insist in our communities that we be provided with more truly organic foods and return to regenerative farming. We can do this by voting with our dollars. The more organic foods and animal products we buy, the more the market will support us.
- The GMO industry — which is funded, propped up and defended by the tech and chemical industries — is now seeking to replace beef, poultry, dairy and fish with synthetic biology, cultured meat, precision fermentation, cellular-based and gene edited foods
- Transitioning to cultured meat, made from animal cells grown in a petri dish, is a Great Reset goal for the global food industry. The aim is to control populations by creating dependence on private companies that control the food supply
- The EAT Forum, cofounded by the Wellcome Trust, has developed what they call "The Planetary Health Diet," designed to be applied to the global population. It entails cutting meat and dairy intake by up to 90%, and replacing it largely with foods made in laboratories, along with cereals and oil
- Cultured meat (cell-based meat) is produced from animal tissue cells that are grown in fetal bovine serum (FBS) made from the blood of cow fetuses. So, cultured beef relies on the slaughter of both cows and unborn calves, which are drained of their blood while still alive
- Plant-based meat alternatives contain no animal fats, only industrial seed oils that are loaded with linoleic acid (LA). Excessive consumption of LA in the modern diet is already one of the key drivers of chronic disease, and plant-based meat substitutes will only worsen the situation